02 January 2007

Bubble girl (Part I)

In the last while I have been bleed on twice and have either seen or been apart of 3 accidents. Two not serious at all (the ones I was in), the other was completely hectic. There are several stories in one so this will be part 1, additional parts to follow :).

It all started x-mas night well actually boxing day morning, my roommate and I just got home from the x-mas braai we just went to and were just hanging out and all of a sudden we heard this huge crash we looked out the window and saw this car going into the patio of the restaurant across the street. Right under the window there is a smashed motorbike lying on the ground and two guys lying sprawled on the pavement one was wearing a helmet the other wasn’t. So we run down stairs I go over to the guy wearing the helmet because there were a few people already around the other guy farther down the road. There was no visible blood on the guy, he was conscious and told me it was only his ankle that hurt. I told him not to move and went over to the other guy (I do have first aid, a little old but I know enough if something has to be done right away or not, at least that something). The people that were standing around him were literally standing around him saying to each other ‘his breathing does sound good he may choke on something we should turn him over so he doesn’t choke’. I was thinking this dude just flew 20m off a motorcycle not wearing a helmet and they just want to flip him over because he’s probably choking on something, and that’s why his breathing was bad. I heard this on my way down to them and a few people actually bent down to turn him over and people on the balcony above started screaming don’t touch him! When I got up to them everyone was again just standing around the guy again, I bent down and they all started, don’t touch him, don’t touch him, I just said I know…(the miss know it all I am) he was not breathing well, very shallow, his forehead was covered in blood and he was unconscious. I was thinking fuck what do I do now, lucky his breathing started to level out a bit, so I check his head, there was a huge and gross chunk out of his forehead but it wasn’t bleeding to badly and it didn’t seem to have anything stuck in it (it looked worse than it was there were several little cuts beneath the gash). Than he started to come around and his friends ran up and could all crowded around him and I backed off because there was nothing I could do at this point and I knew there was ambulances and cops on the way.

I had gotten a little blood on my hand, so not quite bleed on but I still creepy another person’s blood on me considering I'm in a country where over 10% of the population has HIV/ AIDS…

No comments: