11 July 2007

Science, orbs and skulls




I’m a scientist; it’s a simple as that. To make sense of the world around me I use science to figure things out, including my feelings on ghosts/sprits/ energies, the afterlife, if there is a soul and so on, you get the point. I would have to say that you would not have found a bigger cynic than me; well I’ve been made to reconsider this on several occasions over the past year. I have changed my views on few things, I never doubted that there is a lot we just can’t explain- not that we won’t be able to explain. There is so much we don’t know, but why is it that the general populous thinks that if we can not explain something by science at this point does mean that it won’t be able to, it’s not like we’ve hit the pinnacle of knowledge or anything.

When we were staying at the Hole in the Wall we went to the Hole in the Wall (pic 1) obviously. The day we got there we decided to go for a bit of a walk before it got too dark, we walked to the Hole in the Wall and started taking a few pictures but it started to get dark and we didn’t think most of pictures would turn out and we knew we were going back there the next day so we took off. The next day we go back take some pictures before we continue on our hike. We found a skull of what I believe to be goat beside a couple fire pits. We took a picture (not developed yet) just because it’s not often one finds skulls lying on the beach. So that all well and good we have a great hike and leave the Hole in the Wall. When I got my pictures developed the ones that we took the first day we got there were well look (pics 2, 3). Were on a rocky beach so there not sand particles reflecting, were far enough back that it wouldn’t be spray, and pictures taken seconds before and after these few photos which were pointed up and down the beach from this area don’t have the little circles, so it wouldn’t be something on the lens. Than I realized when trying to figure out what they were is that we would have been basically standing on top on the skull when these pictures were taken. Hmmm, I’m not saying there isn’t a perfectly logical explanation for these things but until recently I have to say I don’t think I would have even put together the fact the skull was right there and would have dismissed the orbs/circle as nothing but now I’m considering all the possibilities…. You decide yourself

No comments: