17 July 2007

Book Karma

Even in the short time living here I have been finding more and more american things coming to SA. Such as Fear factor SA and now there starting the biggest loser SA. I hate this! Globalization has its place but really the biggest loser, but I guess when a large population of people who are not obsessed about weight lost you have a huge potential market to push all of your weight loss crap on. People (referring mainly females) especially from what I've found black females are very comfortable with their weight and its not an issue. People on TV ie actors, presenters, news casters are not all the typical 'good looking' people they actually choose people for these parts for the quality of the work, its an intriguing concept. But there is nothing I can do about it but not watch it I guess since you know there already shot it and its premiering soon.

The last couple of weeks I've had bad book karma, I haven't found books that keep me interested and I keep settling on ones that are ok because I can't find anything I want to read. So this bad book karma has lead me to watching a lot more TV, you know like 4 or 5 shows a week. In the grand scheme of things this is not a lot of TV but it feels like it because I've watch so little in the past couple of years. But the increased TV watching also means increased commerical watching, commericals on SA TV are actually great.

The commerical themselves are not anything special but there simply and funny. Take one I saw last night its a commerical for cough syrup, there's a kid bouncing a ball in the house and coughing, mum yells from the other room stop bouncing the ball in the house. Than they say something about the #1 cough syrup or something and they go to the after... the kid is bouncing the ball in the house again and mum yells... but here's the thing the kids not coughing. That's where the commerical ends, nice and simple and thoughtful. So until the bad book karma works itself out at least I have my commericals.

1 comment:

Ellie Fish said...

So, are you going to try out for "South Africa's Next Top Model"?