05 March 2007

The Law of Me

  • I had one of the nicest Sunday's I have had in a very long time. A cold front has been around for a few days now which means that I was able to curl up with my blankets and read. I literally haven't been able to curl up inside a bunch of blankets and just read since August. Especially during the day it was not humanly possible to cover oneself with a blanket, so to be able to spend an entire day curled up under a blanket I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I was even planning on working for a few hours but once I realized I was not going to be able to work while I was all curled up I gave up the work in favour of my blankets, now that's a great work ethic.

    I think I must be the denses person sometimes. Somehow I missed the Cape Town Festival street party this weekend (the festival runs for a few weeks so I can still do other stuff but still). The street party closes down one of the longest and busiest street in the city centre and has been called the SA version of Rio Carnival and I even read the paper almost everyday, I've heard people talking about it but I didn't realize it was Saturday, and I missed it, so very sad. But to make it even better a friend of mine held this event/ gig called pussy's on fire on Saturaday night as well, it's meant to promote and show case female bands, DJs, artists and whoever else had something to include. I think it was a great idea and they are going to hold them occassionally but this was the first one and they wanted to make sure a lot of people came so that there would be more, but me being the denses person around I completely forgot about it and spend the night watching movies with friends. How hopeless pathetic am I?

    I did go out on Friday night and so my weekend was not a complete homebody weekend but why is it that when I do have a homebody weekend I miss out on all the good stuff? It's like the law of me, something good's going on I don't want to leave my house, if I want to go crazy the only thing I find to do is stare at a wall. Now that the work week has started and my weekend of homebodiness is concluded I see a lot of wall staring in the coming week, this is also covered in the law of me (subsection 2), I have a boring/ relaxing weekend and during the week I get all of this bottled up energy that just wants me to take it out and have some fun, but to no avail as I am a dedicated student. Maybe I'll switch things up this week and do some watching of boiling water instead.

No comments: