20 March 2007

Ass Kicking

I have been scaring myself lately. I try and keep informed I pick pieces of info to store when needed or as little reminders, but you put it all together it just a kick in the arse. These inconspicuous tidbits have been picked up over sometime now but just in the past two weeks is when the ass kicking began. It started by getting hit by a car a couple of weeks ago, only got a bruise that hurt for a day, but funny enough it was on my ass as it was a bakkie grill that actually hit me and not the bakkie itself.

So I went on with life but took the advantage to complain for a few days, than last week a house down the road (dodgier area but only a 5 minute walk if that) was robbed and the girl there raped. I actually know these people, not overly well but its obz you know everyone. My friend used to live in the house and date the girl’s girlfriend who lived in the there. A couple of guys come up and say their cops she lets them in and… you just don’t do that, its bad because its not her fault but here the tendency is to sort of feel that way because you should have known better. I guy I know who was car jacked said it was his fault because he didn’t look behind him when he pulled in. That’s weird but such common sense in someway; it’s not the criminal’s fault (it is and they do report it of course) but your stupidity in those situations because you knew they were out there. To add to everything their house was again burglarised the next day when someone pried the security bars of the window apart to jump in – nothing you can to there, at least almost everything was gone.

Excuse that little side note, but as a result of that a few flyers were post around about it as a warning and listed a community website, so I went on. The have a lots of stuff including a neighbour watch section, to keep informed of what to watch out for and to keep better statistics, a lot of things you wouldn’t report to the cops not worth it but the website is perfect. They’ll even email you with updates if you want. I thought this was bull-shit but it’s not, a woman read the email 10 minutes before a knock on the door from ‘cops’, crazy eh! So they keep updating it with descriptions of people to watch out for, they were seen breaking into cars chased off properties, and roofs (yup roofs to avoid the 50kg rutwellers) or one that creeped me out and had me looking at all the walls around my building, a guy who climbs storm drains to break in. Well I finish up this one later because Seamore needs feeding and changing.

No comments: