19 March 2010

The Printer People

I have two offices, which is both great and extremely frustrating. I love it when there is maintenance going on or I’m tired and want a change of scenery. Not so good when your water bottle, important file, etc is in the other office. Thank google they are only one floor/ one building away, otherwise I could essentially be spending my days running between the two.

My ‘newer’ office is great, has a window and everything and what made it even better was no one was around me. Well that was until last week when they moved a printer into the empty cubicle next to me.

I’m facing the opposite way of the printer so I don’t interact much with the printer people, that is until the printer goes awry. It makes some beepy noise and the person says ‘oh someone’s not happy’, or it jams ‘it always knows when I’m printing something important’.

I understand there is a basic level of office chit chat that occurs, and one needs to engage in it to be accepted into the office community. I don’t mind the printer talk, I find it rather peculiar but it’s the office chit chat so I figure c'est la vie.

So the printer people and me have our little chit chats everything’s cool, than I walk by them in the hallway and they won’t even smile at me! This I don’t believe is acceptable, I put up with the printer chit chat I deserve a smile!

I’m conspiring to find a suitable solution for this situation, either start smile wildly every time I see them in the hallway or start making inane comments about the water cooler and not smile at them. I don’t think I want to be known as the crazy smiler so the water cooler commentator it is. I just need some stupid water cooler chit chat … I’m thinking every time it bubbles ‘oh I think someone’s getting hungry’ – yeah that all I got, need some suggestions.

No comments: