05 December 2006

Prision Guard

Ever place I have lived here as well as all of my friends places require keys to get in and out of a place. We always joked that you can't run out on someone (or visa versa) in the morning because you would need to wake them to open the door and turn of the alarm.

I have only been locked in somewhere once before, at least it wasn't in the house but in the yard, the front gate stop working so we couldn't get out... it took two of us over an hour and a pitch fork to free us from the yard.

We have a friend staying with us for awhile and he just started a new job yesterday. For some reason my roommate was up and out of the house before 8, which actually never happens, sometimes he's not home yet but he's never actually up and out. Anyway I was leaving and I did ask the friend whose staying with us when he was leaving, he said 20 minutes or so. I was running to drop off my laundry and said if I didn't see my roommate coming back from the store I would run back and let him out. Neither of us figured my roommate would have gone farther than the store at that hour of the morning. So I drop off my laundry and decided to go back to the flat to let poor Charl out, on my way back I saw my roommate go around the corner to the flat so I left for school. Turns out it was not my roommate in fact and he had gone all the way to Claremont. So I get a call where are you I'm stuck, I felt soooooo bad, its the guys second day on a new job and he was going to be so late. But I guess the people understood I do think that this actually happens quite a lot to people. So I had to run all the way back from school to let him out of the house. Kinda of scary to think that you can actually be locked in your own house, or even worse someone else's!

At least I got my exercise back and forth to school 4 times in one day, which is a lot especially when I have walked 3 of those times already... today I'm shuttling home I think I deceive it or maybe not maybe it should be my punishment for locking up poor Charl.

No comments: