21 February 2010

The guilty former vegetarian

I was a vegetarian for over ten years, and because of circumstance and physical requirements I started eating poultry and fish. Recently its only red meat I shy away from, not so much because of ideology but because of taste. I would love to go back but I have really loved the variety that eating chicken (especially) has given me.

Today I bought some vegetarian pepperoni, I knew I used to love it and found out still do. The flavour is great and it is so much healthier (although I was never a veggie for health, but for my ideals). I was made fun of, had a hard time finding appropriate substitutes, and eating out was a nightmare. But now I think that a veggie life is all about commitment, but I’m not sure I can do it anymore. Eating chicken etc has become so easy I think it would hard to go back.

Today was my first step... I have to finish all the chicken in my freezer first, because I think nothing is worse than wasting food, but after that I’m going to consider my choices.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't do it. Keep eating meat but for your peace of mind ensure it is meat - animal, that has been kept and slaughtered humainly.

Hope your well.

A